Sketch (Learn to Paint)
This best-selling title will be relaunched in September 04 with a fresh new cover design. Written by popular TV artist Alwyn Crawshaw, it is one of the four top-selling titles in the Learn to Paint series, and provides an ideal introduction to this essential skill.
Sketching is a vital artistic skill and painters of all standards need to be able to sketch. In this book Alwyn Crawshaw looks at all aspects of sketching on location, explaining how to use sketches either as works of art in their own right or as reference for later drawings or paintings.
• advice on sketching materials and equipment
• using pencil, charcoal, conté pencil, pen & ink and watercolour
• guidance on perspective
• help with design and composition
• sketching in colour
In addition, there are numerous practical exercises and several step-by-step demonstrations to encourage readers to put their new skills into practice.Gold title
Sales and Marketing highlights
• Relaunched in September 04 with a fresh new cover design.
• The Collins Learn to Paint series is the market leader for beginners – over 4 million copies sold worldwide.
• One of the 4 top-selling titles in the Learn to Paint series, with more than 70,000 copies sold.
• Sketching is a popular pursuit for painters of all levels.
• Alwyn Crawshaw has a large and loyal following among leisure painters, due to his television success.